like i honestly can’t even be disgusted or surprised because this is just so in character of d&d way to miss the fucking point of the entire fucking nature of the cersei/jaime relationship
like not only did you miss the fact that robb stark’s story is fundamentally catelyn’s story you also missed. the point. that cersei/jaime is fundamentally a relationship rooted in consent?????? like that is literally the WHOLE POINT of this relationship; this is the one person in the world that cersei chooses to be with, that she wasn’t sold to or commodified by. she was sold to robert baratheon when she was 16 and was raped and physically abused for the entirety of their marriage pretty much, and has had to use her sex to consolidate her power in the aftermath and through it all jaime is the only person she EVER chooses to have sex with
and you come up with this
like god how hard is it to follow the template of something that’s ALREADY EXPLICITLY SET OUT FOR YOU but hey you gotta have material to jack off over right and nothing’s better than rape huh
People who say sadness doesn’t hurt physically apparently never experienced feeling so sad. I’ve felt it in my legs, my jaw, my head, my quivering lips, aching eyes, and my aching chest. It hurts my chest the most because it literally feels like your heart is in pain.
just want to raise a glass for oberyn for being one of the few characters who is actually disgusted and enraged by rape and the rape culture of westeros while being non-white, non-het, and not a huge piece of crap towards bastards and non-noble ppl
my hopes for season two of orange is the new black:
1. Kiss that cute boy at the party, but push him away as soon as he puts his hand up your skirt
2. Smoke a cigarette for the first time, and make it your last
3. Don’t straighten your hair for a week, see how many compliments you get
4. Blast your favourite song even when your mum has told you off for playing it too loudly. Enjoy those 3 minutes of pure happiness before she pulls the plug out.
5. Say yes to going out, you’ll have something to tell your grandchildren about
6. Paint a sun on a rainy day, then stick it to the window
7. Eat the cupcake, you have better things to worry about than those 300 calories
8. Do yoga and meditate as often as possible
9. Stand up for yourself. Someone called you a slut? Someone said you are ugly? Someone said your art work was boring and dull? That is your cue to fucking stand up for yourself and make them speechless
10. Don’t respond to a group of males whistling at you. You’re a human being, not a fucking dog
11. Leave your headphones at home, see how much you are missing out on because you’re always lost in your own thoughts
12. Carry hand sanitizer and bandaids in your purse
13. Wear sexy underwear, loads of leather, a fur coat, heels and purple lipstick. Do it for yourself, not for the hot guy next door.
14. If you’re having a bad day, cry, scream, punch a pillow, throw stuff around. Then you pick up the mess, including yourself and get back up.
15. Smile, be polite and get on peoples good sides for starters
16. Stop waiting for your crush, stop dressing up for the bar man that serves you a free drink or staying extra hours at work for your boss. Stop impressing these dickheads and start impressing yourself.
17. Laugh until you cry, and when the girl sitting next to you in class tells you to shut up, laugh even louder.
18. Do whatever feels right in the moment, laugh, cringe and regret it later. Repeat.
I’m dreading going home bc that means I will have to deal with my father and all the fucking issues he brings with him and I just don’t want to. I literally just had an anxiety attack because of a phone conversation with my mom about it and I just want to stay in my bubble here. Here those issues don’t reach me as much. I’m so tired. So so tired.
In Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Cornelius Fudge tells the Prime Minister that the previous one “tried to throw him out the window.” HBP is set in 1996, the PM was John Major. Before him it was Margaret Thatcher.
MARGARET THATCHER TRIED TO THROW THE MINISTER OF MAGIC OUT THE WINDOW.
SHE WASN’T CALLED THE IRON LADY FOR NOTHING.
I’m sure at least for 20 years we will continue to find minor details like this about Harry Potter series
Guys, you just made my day… I’m going to laugh for a whole week thanks
I think the “butterfly effect” that I have spoken of so often was at work here. In the novels, Jaime is not present at Joffrey’s death, and indeed, Cersei has been fearful that he is dead himself, that she has lost both the son and the father/ lover/ brother. And then suddenly Jaime is there before her. Maimed and changed, but Jaime nonetheless. Though the time and place is wildly inappropriate and Cersei is fearful of discovery, she is as hungry for him as he is for her.
The whole dynamic is different in the show, where Jaime has been back for weeks at the least, maybe longer, and he and Cersei have been in each other’s company on numerous occasions, often quarreling. The setting is the same, but neither character is in the same place as in the books, which may be why Dan & David played the sept out differently. But that’s just my surmise; we never discussed this scene, to the best of my recollection.
Also, I was writing the scene from Jaime’s POV, so the reader is inside his head, hearing his thoughts. On the TV show, the camera is necessarily external. You don’t know what anyone is thinking or feeling, just what they are saying and doing.
If the show had retained some of Cersei’s dialogue from the books, it might have left a somewhat different impression — but that dialogue was very much shaped by the circumstances of the books, delivered by a woman who is seeing her lover again for the first time after a long while apart during which she feared he was dead. I am not sure it would have worked with the new timeline.
That’s really all I can say on this issue. The scene was always intended to be disturbing… but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.
— George R.R. Martin responds to fan’s concern over Jaime and Cersei’s scene in “Breaker of Chains” x
i just realized that maria hill reports directly to fury and natasha reports directly to fury and melinda may reports directly to fury and they’re the only ones we see regularly speaking to him
all three of director fury’s closest lieutenants are women how metal is that
#and everyone who rebelled and joined Hydra was a dude #at least the characters with names #just goes to show #in a pinch #trust a woman to get the job done
Okay but Never Gonna Give You Up (better known as Rickroll) is actually a really really horrible song for many reasons, which I will better explain under the cut.
Brace yourselves, this is pretty long.
Read More →
ladies, if a guy doesn’t eat pussy but still expects to get his dick sucked… laugh right in his face. laugh as you put your clothes back on. leave the room in the midst of your laughter. go home while laughing. keep laughing for the rest of your life. never stop laughing.